Please help us win a green plaque for ex-Almshouses resident Ann Ayre Hely. Mrs Hely was a celebrated nurse from the Crimean War, and the subject of a recent local history film by Dr Wendy Freer. Vote here before 31st July!
Welcome to Ravenstone Hospital Almshouses
Founded in 1711 and managed by Trustees, these Almshouses provide self-contained accommodation for 25 women in a delightful setting.
A warden is resident on site who provides neighbourly assistance and attends to day-to-day property maintenance issues.
Each flat is on one level, either ground floor or first floor, and consists of a living room with adjoining kitchen, and bedroom with adjoining bathroom. The extensive grounds and the Chapel are for communal use. Each flat is linked to the District Council emergency call service.
Priority for accommodation is given to residents of Ravenstone, Swannington and Coleorton but others are welcome to apply.
For an informal viewing please contact the Warden.